Daniela Guevara, M.D. is a Fellow in Medicine at the Englander Institute for Precision Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. Guevara attended the University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine where she received her Doctor of Medicine degree. She is certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). Dr. Guevara started her training as a postdoctoral research fellow in the Garlock Division of Minimally Invasive Endocrine and Bariatric Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital where she focus her research in surgical endocrine oncology. She was then selected as a postdoctoral research fellow in the Initiative in Science and Medicine TL-1 NRSA NIH funded program in the Department of Oncology at the Icahn school of Medicine at Mount Sinai where she gained extensive experience in clinical translational research.
Dr. Guevara is currently a team member at the Englander Institute for Precision Medicine where she serves as a liaison between oncologists, pathologists, surgeons, computational biologists, and basic scientists, in order to facilitate the use of next-generation sequencing of tumor genomes and pre-clinical models in high impact research studies.
Peer-reviewed Research Articles:
- Gustavo Fernandez-Ranvier, Benjamin Lieberman, Daniela Guevara, Ana Voogd, Maria Eugenia Matsuda, Kaitlyn Eck, William B. Inabnet III & Gabriel Antonio Damiano. Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach (TOETVA) learning curve: a regression analysis of complication rates and severity. Journal of Surgical Endoscopy. Surg Endosc (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-021-08832-0.
- Fernandez-Ranvier G, Mehknat A, Guevara D, Inabnet W. Assessing the Role of Antibiotic Therapy in Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach. Journal of Surgical Endocrinology ID: JSE-3-017. DOI: 10.36959/608/454
- Fernandez-Ranvier G, Guevara D, Mehknat A, Alawwa G, Lieberman B. Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach (TOETVA): Treatment for Benign Thyroid Diseases. Journal of Endocrine Surgery. J Endocr Surg. 2021 Mar;21(1):13-19.
- Guevara D; Aryan Meknat; Aida Taye Bellistri; Hyunsuk Suh; Alice C. Levine; William Inabnet III; Gustavo Fernández-Ranvier. Alternatives to the pre-operative Medical Management of Pheochromocytoma. Journal of Surgical Endocrinology UU17482090.
- Fernandez-Ranvier G, Guevara D , Alawwa G, Mehknat A, Lieberman B Inabnet W. Feasibility of TOETVA as an Ambulatory procedure. Journal of Surgical Endocrinology. DOI: 10.36959/608/440.
- Guevara D; Aryan Meknat; Aida Taye Bellistri; Hyunsuk Suh; Alice C. Levine; William Inabnet III; Gustavo Fernández-Ranvier. Differences in Adrenal Size as they Relate to Pheochromocytomas.Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, JENI-D-19-00667, Vol 2 | Issue 1 | Pages 16-20.
- Mehknat A, King N, Lieberman B, Alawwa G, Guevara D, Herron D, Fernandez Ranvier G. Effectiveness of Bariatric Surgery in Adolescents Across Ethnic Groups. Submitted Pediatric Obesity.IJPO-2020-0610.(2020)
- Fernandez-Ranvier G, Mehknat A, Guevara D, Kini SU, Herron DM. Intrathoracic Sleeve Migrations after Sleeve Gastrectomy: a Compilation of Case Reports. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2020 Jun 18. DOI: 10.1089/lap.2020.0237.
- Neil King , MD; Aryan Meknat, MD; Daniela Guevara, MD; Subhash Kini, MD; Eric Edwards MD; Daniel Herron, MD; Gustavo Fernandez-Ranvier MD, PhD; Efficacy of Bariatric Surgery Amongst Adolescent Patients with Super-obesity. Bariatric Surgical Practice and Patient Care (BARI-2019-0056).
- Gustavo Fernandez-Ranvier MD, PhD, Aryan Meknat, MD; Daniela Guevara, MD, Hugo Ruiz MD, Otto Adolfo MD, Osamah Alsanie MD, Daniel Herron, MD. The role of Bariatric Surgery in patients with obesity and type 1 diabetes mellitus. Bariatric Surgical Practice and Patient Care (BARI-2019-0058.R1).
- Fernandez-Ranvier G, Mehknat A, Guevara D, Inabnet W. Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach (TOETVA): A Single Institution Experience of the First 50 Cases. Surgical Innovation. (SRI-19-0207)
- Fernandez-Ranvier G, Guevara D, Mehknat A, Moreno P, Vidal-Fortuny J, Inabnet W. International Multi-Institutional Experience with the Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach.Surgical Endoscopy, (LAP-2019-0645).
- Fernandez-Ranvier G, Mehknat A, Guevara D, Inabnet W. Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach. 2019 Oct-Dec; 23(4).
- Hariri K, Dong M, Guevara D, Kini SU, Edwards E, Herron DM, Fernández Ranvier G. Is Bariatric Surgery Effective for Comorbidity Resolution in the Super Obese Patient? SOARD 2018 Sep;14 (9): 1261-1268.
- Kamyar Hariri, Daniela Guevara D, Jayaram A., Subhash Kini, Daniel Herron, Gustavo Fernandez-Ranvier. Preoperative Insulin Therapy as a Marker for Type II Diabetes Remission in Obese Patients after Bariatric Surger (Surg. Obes. Relat. Dis. 2018 Mar;14(3):332-337)
- Kamyar Hariri, Daniela Guevara D, Dong M, Edwards E, Subhash Kini, Gustavo Fernandez-Ranvier,Daniel Herron. Ketorolac Use Shortens Hospital Length of Stay after Bariatric Surgery: Single Center 5-year Experience. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. Volume 13, Issue 10, Supplement, October 2017, Page S134.
- Fernández-Ranvier G, Al Awwa Gayth, Guevara Daniela. Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy via Vestibular Approach (TOETVA). Alexander Shifrin (Eds): Atlas of Thyroid Surgery , 978-3-030-93672-3, 494649_1_En, (Chapter 15)
- Fernandez Ranvier G. Guevara D, MD; Salky B. Chapter 10: Laparoscopic antireflux: Nissen and Partial Fundoplications. The Sages Manual of Foregut Surgery, First Edition, to be published by Springer Science + Business Media (pp. 161-170). (2019)
- Guevara D, Edwards E., Fernandez Ranvier G. De Garengeot’s hernia: a case description and surgical approach. Saudi Journal of laparoscopy 2016; 1:23-5. (2016)
# # #